Tub overflow trouble

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Macneil

Reaction score
I recently finished up a remodel of a bathroom. Had a plumber do the rough-in for me quite a while back. Now I am trying to complete the finish work to include the tub overflow, but run into this issue where I have threads protruding from the tub overflow hole?im thinking I should be able to unscrew this threaded piece and find the flat surface where I can install the cover, but I don’t want to chew up the threads if I’m wrong? Or crack the pvc if it’s glued in? What do you pros think?

Attachments

• 48957EB4-47BA-41A7-A5C5-C744462CBC8E.jpeg
    48957EB4-47BA-41A7-A5C5-C744462CBC8E.jpeg
    878 KB · Views: 22
That’s the trouble, the pvc is threaded around the outside. the trim piece is Moen, flat with a screw in the center.

I have seen similar overflow assemblies before. I think you will need to get that same "make & model" overflow trim cover as the rough in assembly, you probably won't be able to make the Moen trim you have work.

Watco and many others make this style. Call the plumber and ask him where your trim is.

Back