Tub handle

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pluc09

Reaction score
I’m not sure which type of tub handle I have. Basically it turns on and off by lifting up and pushing down. In the on position if you rotate the actual knob to left it warms up and to the right it cools. Can someone please let me know how to replace this. Can I do away with this type of knob completely and install different knob.0FA3BCDF-52AC-49A1-92E1-3D1A4F6B7ACD.jpeg

Last edited:
No real choices. That valve takes an acrylic plastic handle.

There may be adapters for after market handles but in my experience they don’t last long.

That valve is set too far into the wall. It’s not installed properly. The trim plate isn’t installed.

The caulking where the tile meets the tub is also missing or failing.
And now water is getting behind the tile, which will make it fall off, and mold will grow back there.

It
The caulking where the tile meets the tub is also missing or failing.
And now water is getting behind the tile, which will make it fall off, and mold will grow back there.
I’m in a rental. So just trying to hold out until dec when my house is built. But thanks.

No real choices. That valve takes an acrylic plastic handle.

There may be adapters for after market handles but in my experience they don’t last long.

That valve is set too far into the wall. It’s not installed properly. The trim plate isn’t installed.
Yeah I’m thinking a person other than plumber installed this.

Home Depot probably sells a similar handle for Delta single handle tub valves.
Might be Delta brand, or maybe a knockoff, but it will say what it fits on the package.

You still should spend three bucks and buy some bath caulk, to at least caulk around the chrome of the valve and the tub spout.

Clean off the tile with rubbing alcohol and a scotchbrite pad first, dry off any water stuck in the gaps with paper towels.

If tiles start falling off, your landlord might dock you for that.

You still should spend three bucks and buy some bath caulk, to at least caulk around the chrome of the valve and the tub spout.

Clean off the tile with rubbing alcohol and a scotchbrite pad first, dry off any water stuck in the gaps with paper towels.

If tiles start falling off, your landlord might dock you for that.
I’m just pissed because for 1200 a month I should not be having to deal with this. For a 900 sq ft house in Texas.

Too small in what way?

What does the package say it fits?
So I don’t know what package says but basically my cousin told me it was the wrong knob. The knob I had on originally broke because it was the incorrect knob. My plumber cousin said it needs a metal handled on. So he advised me to take this into Home Depot and match it. The guys at Home Depot don’t know a damn thing. Oh and I screwed this piece off while water was still on so I got sprayed haha. C05805C4-6B61-4A75-8A66-24B90C7A0F00.jpeg

That’s probably for a lavatory faucet. It fits at a different angle than the shower handle. Although it also has a diamond shaped connection, same internal parts. It requires a different handle though.
Yes it might be. I’m pretty sure you’re right but the 90 y/o Home Depot associate led me to this. Sigh

So I don’t know what package says but basically my cousin told me it was the wrong knob. The knob I had on originally broke because it was the incorrect knob. My plumber cousin said it needs a metal handled on. So he advised me to take this into Home Depot and match it. The guys at Home Depot don’t know a damn thing. Oh and I screwed this piece off while water was still on so I got sprayed haha.
You don’t need a metal handle.

Get a plastic handle for a Delta tub/shower with the same diamond shaped connection that will fit on the brass stem.

it’s really simple. You just need the right part.
Delta #RP17451

Latest posts

Back