Tub fixtures to close together.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braggert

Reaction score
I'm redoing my master shower and bath. Was about to order some new Moen tub fixtures (two handle, roman spout) when I looked at the spec and it states a need for 10" min. distance between handle centerpoints. My current fixtures are 8" on center (although they are not very well centered relative to the current spout - about 1/2" off).
As I've not found any fixtures my boss (aka wife) likes that fit an 8" center, I'm wondering if it's possible/a good idea to think about cutting new holes in my existing fiberglass tub (brand: Royal)? Can I do this and patch the old ones? How would this be done?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Brad

Brad, welcome to Plumbing Forums.

It has been a few years since I installed deck mount roman tub faucets, but I am wanting to say that I have installed Moens with an 8" center spread. I think that you might have to trim the copper tubes between the spout base and the cartridges, but I think that you can make it work otherwise. Like I said, it has been awhile, but that is what my questionable memory is telling me.

Do you have access to a dsplay model that you could measure the diameter of the tub spout and the length of the handles? This would let you know for certain.

I'm thinking you are talking about a one pc TUB and Shower unit and you have access through the wall from behind the fiberglass. Most in wall 2 handle fixtures are 8" Center. Fiberglass inclosures can be patched.

Back