Tub fixtures replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topmanca

Reaction score
Hello experts,

I'm a first-time homeowner and looking to update bathtub fixtures. My plan is to update tub fixtures without breaking the tile to change the shower valve. Would someone be able to advise if this is even possible? I'm posting the pictures of the current fixtures. I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20210507_204427167.jpg
    PXL_20210507_204427167.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210507_204511837.jpg
    PXL_20210507_204511837.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
I think those are delta fixtures, it's possible that you could change handles and tub spout ,if there's are delta you would have to bring the handle or pics to a plumbing supply house and see what they come up with, you can also send these pick to delta and see if the can be replaced, no you can't intermix handles you would have to open the wall to change brands

If it is Delta then I know for a fact the tub spout can’t be changed to the new style without changing the rough in.

If the shower valve is Delta and the trim is original, it’s the first time I’ve ever seen it.

The handles dont appear to be original if it’s Delta.

The hand shower does look like Alsons, owned by Delta.

I suggest replacing it all.

Thank you both! I agree.. I need to replace them all but I don't have the budget to break the tiles and redo the rough-in.

As @Geofd suggested, I will email Delta to confirm if it can be replaced. It's a bummer that the tub spout cannot be replaced for Delta. Do you think I should hire a professional plumber to replace them or it can be done by a noob watching youtube videos? :)

I’ll be very surprised if it’s delta actually. I’m very interested in what Delta says.

I do not know your skill level so I can’t advise if you could complete the project and have a lasting result. There is much information out there but reading comprehension is not execution. Can you physically do what you’re reading ? I can’t answer that.

Could you take the handles off for us ?

Take the trim off the shower valve ?

Get some pics of all that. I might could tell you more.

I just sent an email to Delta to check and will keep you posted. In the meantime, I'll try to remove the trim of the shower valve and post some more pictures. Thanks

Delta rep responded back. Here is their response:

"Thank you for contacting Masco Canada.

Congratulations on your new homeownership! However, the fixtures that you have are not a brand that we support. They are not Delta.

I wish you the very best in your home renovation project. "

What’s on the backside of that tiled wall holding the shower valve? It is likely you can do the work (replacement)from the back side with only drywall work. In some cases an access panel, or maybe make one if a closet…

@Twowaxhack Here is the pic of the back side of the wall after removing the trim.

@Mitchell-DIY-Guy unfortunately, the back side of the wall is basement foundation wall, so can't do it that way.

Attachments

• PXL_20210518_033804690.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210518_033804690.NIGHT.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back