Tub drain in wrong place under concrete

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuPlumbr1

Reaction score
Hi all; this is my first post.
I am a DIY guy, and putting an apartment in a new Pole Barn, and doing most of the work. I have just passed all electrical and framing inspections, but ran into my first challenge with plumbing. We contracted all the under concrete plumbing to a local plumber, and he didn't follow the blueprints of where my wife's tub is going in her bathroom. He put its drain, under concrete, 4 feet closer to the toilet than the blueprints showed. The way it is located, there is less than a foot between the side of the toilet and the tub. My question is this: I would like to install a raised floor in the bathroom, back where the original drawing shows the tub, so I can put the tub's trap above the concrete, and angle the output drain pipe to the location in the floor cutout. I have 10' ceilings here, so I am not vertically limited at all.
Is this a bad idea? I really don't want to cut the reinforced concrete floor to relocate the drain if at all possible.
Thanks

With raising up the tub, you will likely end up having to include at least one, if not two steps up, then, to get into the tub.
Much better idea to have the plumber fix this and pay for it out of his pocket.
Unless the plans were defective, it is his problem. I say this as a plumbing contractor: It is the plumbing contractor's responsibility for the problem.

Back