Troubleshooting Trinity T-150 Boiler

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevpalm

Reaction score
I have an NTI Trinity T-150 wall-mounted boiler that was installed in winter 2004. I am suddenly getting the message "ASC" on the Sentry control panel. The manual indicates this means that the air switch is closed, which is preventing the boiler from firing. When the thermostat calls for heat, the TACO controller energizes the primary and secondary pumps, but the Sentry is preventing the boiler from starting up.

I'm looking for (a) help in troubleshooting and getting the system running because it's getting cold and the wife is not pleased, and (b) a local contractor/plumber who can assist in doing a full diagnostic on this system and any maintenance required to keep this from occurring again. I'm in the Washington, DC area.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Air switches often foul, check the tubing comnnected to the switch for debris, signs of cracking and or kinks in the line.

Hey kevpalm;

Any luck with your asc error problem? I am having the same issue.

Hey LiQuId;

I have replaced the air switch and the tubing is good. any ideas?

thx

did you check all ports that the tubing is connected to ? could be a blockage in the connection. asside from that ( and being un familiar with this particular boiler ) could be a circuit board problem giving a false diagnosis. you could bypass the switch temporarilly to see if its the issue.

Disclamer: BEING AWARE that this is a safety device and must not be bypassed for any length of time and only to diagnose this problem.

Hi,

Yes ports and tube are checked and no blockage.
I have been bypassing the switch to turn on the boiler.
The air switch is new and is testing good.
The blower also have a circuit board, maybe that is causing the issue?
What boilers are you familiar with? What is preferred over NTI?
My location is Alberta.

Sounds like I am having the same issue as kevpalm.

thx

I just went through this whole process. I called NTI tech support at 506-432-1130 and the tech guided me through some trouble shooting. In my situation, the Sentry 2100 was the problem. I got a new one from Boston Heating Supply online for about $270 and it was here in 2 days. The unit works like it's brand new.

what would cause a rumble when the unit comes on ( NTI boilier ti150c) The unit is weeks old and just noticed this, is it normal ?

it could be your venting sizing(length)...if there is too much of a difference in length between the 2pipes (ie: the vent and fresh air intake)then it could have that rumbling....or when it was installed they may not have set up the unit with a manometer and combustion analizer which is needed for any new install or when servicing the units....if the vent and fresh air intake are on separate walls this could happen too(this would put different pressures on the pipes causing an imbalance in the system)

My boiler works fine if you just start the heating. However, after it reaches a certain degree, it stops firing off even if the heating is on.

Is there an error code coming up on the boiler....how long has it been since it was cleaned...what is the make and model of the boiler

I'm having the same issue. No hot water, ASC code displayed, and I'm finding water in one of the vinyl tubes. When I pull the tube off, drain the water, and re-connect it, it fires up and works just fine. The vacuum tube continues to get plugged with water over the last week, which requires a trip to the basement to get hot water about 50% of the time.

Any ideas what might be causing the water in the tube, and how to prevent it?

Latest posts

Back