Toto E-Max Cyclone not filling after reassembling fill valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlau23

Reaction score
My Toto toilet was constantly filling slowly throughout the day. Replaced the flapper but it continued to run so I decided to try and flush out the fill valve and clean out the strainer. It's an E-Max Cyclone Type A fill valve.

I took it apart, rinsed each piece, and reassembled it but now no water fills the tank. When I remove the white piece in the photo, water shoots out of the top just fine. However, once I put the white piece back on, no flow comes out. There's only one way to put the white piece back on so I don't know why it would be blocking the flow. Fill tube has been checked and has no blockages.

Would anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20221206_225346.jpg
    20221206_225346.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 0
Those ballcock valves are a piece of junk! Was the first sign Toto was making bad choices.
You are best off with a Hunter/Korky with adjustable refill rate valve. Fluidmaster 400s won't fit.

I ended up replacing it with a Korky. Still don't know why I couldn't get the old one to work properly but everything is working fine now. Thank you for the replies.

Latest posts

Back