Torbeck Opella Cistern Dual Flush valve

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Daynat

Reaction score
Hello guys.

The Torbeck Opella Bottom Entry valve was overflowing into the WC. I fitted a new Torbeck . I decided to convert it to flow externally by fitting an external overflow pipe (the shared manhole very occasionally becomes blocked).

I have difficulty getting it to adjust to shut off level. I have fitted Fluidmasters and never had any problems.

This Opella Cistern has a flat ridge, where a corresponding flat edge, as shown in the photos, must butt up against.

Does anyone know if there is a Fluidmaster similar to that, please ?. Or any alternative advise welcome.

Thank you.

Attachments

breplum

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Greetings from the USA.
Mostly N. American plumbers and hangers-on so doubtful any of us has seen that POS you have.
We do see many versions of "new" (we refer to them as BALLCOCKs or toilet/WC fill valves).
Once they fail, invariably we use either Fluidmaster (ideally with adjustable refill) or a version of Toto/Korky (especially when space limits the Fluidmaster float- i.e. Delta tanks).
I find the Toto/Korky aggrivating because ofttimes replacing just the cap does not fix a running problem. Whereas, the Fluidmaster seal always works.

Latest posts

Group Builder