Top waste overflow leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uselesshandyguy

Reaction score
Hey.

My top waste overflow is leaking into my down stairs neighboring appartment. I've tried to undo and retighten it but it's not making a difference. I'm not really sure what I can do without removing the tub and obviously thats a no go.

Anyone got any ideas? She says the water stops if i spray it just at the bottom so its going in the drain but if i spray the upper part then she sees a ton of water.IMG_20180412_203936.jpg

Can you get to the back of the piece you are showing. There is a sponge or rubber gasket between the tub and the overflow. Take
a picture of the back of the tub.

Can you get to the back of the piece you are showing. There is a sponge or rubber gasket between the tub and the overflow. Take
a picture of the back of the tub.

I can't get behind the tub unfortunately. Here it is pulled back.

IMG_20180413_065621_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20180413_065544_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20180413_065616_Bokeh.jpg

sponge overflow gasket.jpg rubber overflow gasket.jpg You can change that gasket from the front its just a little harder to do. Try to loosen it off that piece without dropping
it behind the tub. Take it to the supply house and match it up and put back on and tighten Top gasket is sponge and bottom one is rubber. These
might be close to what you need. There are a couple you tube videos on changing waste and overflow gaskets.

The top one Deffinitly only has a rubber one so it may be that I need to add a gasket into it.

I will see if it's removable. I can get access from underneath but by reaching from the appartment below. I feel like I'd have to replace the whole thing if I went that route but that wouldn't be the end of the world if it fixed it.IMG_20180415_110414.jpg

Latest posts

Back