Top fix seat fittings too loose.

Discussion in 'Toilets and Sinks' started by Edible, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:31 PM.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating:

1. Aug 14, 2019 at 3:31 PM #1

Edible

Edible

Edible

I am replacing a toilet seat that never sat tight and was already in the property when we bought it and the fittings snapped recently. It is a top fix only pan. The replacement seat came with similar fittings however on fitting it seams the gromits/bungs aren’t tight enough. They seem to be standard size on any site I’ve seen but it appears my hole walls are to shallow or the the expanding bung is the incorrect size as even when screwed in to the bung will pull out the hole 5mm meaning the seat will never fit securely.

[​IMG]

Are there different expanding gromits as everywhere I have looked online sell standard sizes. Any one have any suggestions.

2. Aug 14, 2019 at 4:05 PM #2

Jeff Handy

Jeff Handy

Jeff Handy

Very hard to tell what is up with your mounting holes and hardware from that picture.

Are you saying there is no access from below, to be able to install a more typical style of hardware to attach the seat?

3. Aug 14, 2019 at 4:56 PM #3

havasu

havasu

havasu

Administrator Staff Member Admin

Having replaced hundreds of toilet seats, it seems money talks. Nothing worse than sitting down and feel like you are on a bobsled going downhill at 100 mph. I myself prefer Kohler self closing seats. Seem they stay in place longer than an 8 second ride on a bucking bronco!

4. Aug 14, 2019 at 9:09 PM #4

Edible

Edible

Edible

[​IMG]
    A better view of the fittings.