Toliet drains when not suppose to

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuffy

established member
Reaction score
Our main line was plugged up with tree roots so we went and rented a sewer auger and ran it down 3or4 times every thing was flowing great until my wife took her bath when she started to drain the bath tub so did the toilet until there was hardly any water left in it.our venting system has something to be desired the vent is in middle of all the fixtures and its only 1/12 or 2 inches in the bathroom. no vent for kitchen sink. Dishwasher . or washing machine.could this be a venting problem or did we not get the main line clean enough?

Sounds like you still have a main line stoppage

You were right I just went and checked it with a full bath tub had wife start to drain it drained great for a little while then boom it started to back up not bad but still back up we only rented the 50 footer this time tomorrow we will rent the 100 foot one.

You were right I just went and checked it with a full bath tub had wife start to drain it drained great for a little while then boom it started to back up not bad but still back up we only rented the 50 footer this time tomorrow we will rent the 100 foot one.
hello i just cleared roots from a main drain but it took a couple of hrs go in and ut as many times as it takes to come back with a clean snake good luck

Got the 100 foot snake today and at about 80 feet we hit a wad of baby wipes tree roots and poo so after we got that cleared we filled the bath tub twice and it ran like a dream. So I think we got it.

hello i just cleared roots from a main drain but it took a couple of hrs go in and ut as many times as it takes to come back with a clean snake good luck
NO BABY WIPES.......they don't break up don't listen to the commercials i have cleaned many drains with these being the culprit......NO BABY WIPES

I would write my congressman and have them make a law to ban all claims and advertisements that those wipey things are flushable but
even if you labeled them NOT flushable, people would flush them any way.
To many laws already to protect us all from the stupid people.

Latest posts

Back