Toilet will not flush very well after new plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JS101

Reaction score
Hello. I recently extended a bathroom in a rental property by a few feet and moved the toilet across the room to the other side of the wall. After putting the subfloor back on and installing the new toilet it doesn't flush very well. Toilet paper does goes down but not very well.

I installed a brand new American Standard cadet 3 toilet today and it does the same thing. The floor isn't exactly level and I tried shimmying it which seems to help but still doesnt flush great like the other toilets in the building.

Did I make an error when extending the plumbing pipe to the other end of the wall, maybe messed up with not having a proper slope or am I missing something? The sink and shower seem to drain fine.

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    700 KB · Views: 18
Yes, It seems I did.

Looks like I messed up again. Thank you for the help.

Not only should you not have a trap external to a WC, there is no vent.
Tear it up and start over.
Code also requires cross ventilation for sub areas to prevent mold and rot, or poured concrete as a remedy.

Hello. I recently extended a bathroom in a rental property by a few feet and moved the toilet across the room to the other side of the wall. After putting the subfloor back on and installing the new toilet it doesn't flush very well. Toilet paper does goes down but not very well.

I installed a brand new American Standard cadet 3 toilet today and it does the same thing. The floor isn't exactly level and I tried shimmying it which seems to help but still doesnt flush great like the other toilets in the building.

Did I make an error when extending the plumbing pipe to the other end of the wall, maybe messed up with not having a proper slope or am I missing something? The sink and shower seem to drain fine.

Hire a plumber., on top of the fact you installed the toilet to a trap., you have it attached to a sanitary tee... a lot of errors.
At least have the plumber do your rough in....

Latest posts

Back