Toilet Valve Refill Tube

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merideth

Reaction score
I bought three FluidMaster Flush and Sparkle units for my bathrooms, I installed two with no problem, but the third one I am having trouble with because the tubes they supply you are like six and nine inches log to connect to the refill valve and the flush and sparkle unit. Whoever installed my toilet when my home was built must have glued the toilet tank to the wall because there is zero room between the back of the tank ans the sheetrock. This makes it impossible to position the Flush and Sparkle unit by clipping it to the back of the toilet tank because the plastic clip can't go between the tank and the wall.

I though no problem, I will go buy a couple feet of this plastic tubing stuff and cut longer pieces and put the flush and sparkle on the end instead of the back and it will be fine. I have been to both Lowes and Ace looking for this refill tubing for sale by the foot and all they sell it in is carded prepackaged six and nine inch lengths, which is what I have.

Is this the same stuff as 1/4 PEX tubing they sell big rolls of and is there a place I can buy a foot or two or do you know where I can get some of this refill tubing in a slightly longer length?

I appreciate any suggestions. I live on the West side of Houston.

ty

Refill Tube With Clip, 1/4 In Od X 9
https://www.amazon.com/Keeney-PP835...6N30916YJ0P&psc=1&refRID=QX0FWKBPY6N30916YJ0P

https://www.amazon.com/Fluidmaster-...KSPJ3RMZN8A&psc=1&refRID=P39QGV0PXKSPJ3RMZN8A

bleach will destroy your flapper and you will get a progressive flush valve leak.

Newer flappers are chlorine resistant.

But yes, you will wear out the flapper sooner.

$5.00 and two minutes of labor and in goes a new flapper.

It goes down your flush tube, not the wall of the tank.
Understood Havasu, but the tubes have to reach from the fill valve to the flush & sparkle unit to push the water through the chlorine and into to flush tube so to relocate the flush & sparkle I need a longer piece of tubing. I like the F&S idea better than the tablets because I have always heard bleach was bad for your toilet tank parts

Can you hang the unit off the front side of the tank, with the nine inch piece of tubing?

Otherwise, you can likely link up a few pieces of tubing, you will find something at Home Depot or wherever to push into the ends as a coupling.

It's just generic 1/4" I.D. tubing, you already have the clips.
Most any 1/4" tubing will work, big box store or local hardware store, both will carry it.

BTW -- from Amazon
Question: Does this product harm parts in the tank, such as a rubber flapper?
Answer: The chlorine is directed into the overflow tube and thus the water in the tank does not receive the extra chlorine, so none of the tank parts except the overflow tube could be affected.

Last edited:
Can you hang the unit off the front side of the tank, with the nine inch piece of tubing?

Otherwise, you can likely link up a few pieces of tubing, you will find something at Home Depot or wherever to push into the ends as a coupling.
You know the Ace hardware guy made the suggestion to string a couple pieces together, but I was afraid that was an invitation to a future leak if it ever came apart in there. I didn't think about hanging it off the front but the clip is about two inches long which would leave that handing out the front side of the tank and visible which I would rather not be looking at it.

I think the tubing is 1/4 inch O.D, not I.D.
You need something squishy, maybe soft vinyl would work.
Like for an aquarium pump, or garden pond air bubbler.
Tubing has to expand over the fittings and grab them.
A drop or two of superglue gel might be needed on the fittings, for security.

Whoever installed my toilet when my home was built must have glued the toilet tank to the wall because there is zero room between the back of the tank and the sheetrock
If it's just sheetrock, cut yourself an indentation in the rock, and hang your Sparkle thingy there. Done with minimal care, no one is going to see it unless they lift the cover from the toilet tank. Why make things more difficult than they have to be?

I might be able to wedge a putty knife in there and chisel out a bigger hole with a large flat head screw driver or something. Thanks for the suggestion, I never dreamed finding more of this white tubing in a longer length would be difficult.

Merideth, the link I posted above for clear vinyl tubing should work, and costs less than $3.00.

Chopping out a slot for the hanger tab will also work.

Latest posts

Back