Toilet seat mounting nut inaccessible

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxb

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a St. Thomas Creations toilet (which might be imported -- I don't know) that seems to be designed in such a way that the toilet seat mounting nuts are inaccessible.

I wish to swap out the seat, but I'm worried that if I unscrew the mounting bolts, some nut will fall off inside, and I won't be able to screw the seat back on.

How do these things work? I looked at their manuals online, but they don't mention toilet seat replacement.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kohler has used a similar ridiculous hidden mounting bolt system on some toilets, which has sometimes performed poorly, and they have tried to modify or remedy it over the years.

I have changed out a few of these goofy seats, and even with advice from Kohler, I pretty much had to figure out my own way of getting the old mounting system out of the bowl.

In my state, the rubber insert would turn into goo. How easy is it to remove the melted insert, i.e., is acetone called for?

Latest posts

Back