Quantcast

Toilet Flush Valve part unable to identify replacement

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

iceburg501

Reaction score
Toilet tank was constantly running water every few minutes. Got tired and decided to replace the Flush Valve.... now that everything is disconnected, completely clueless on what to replace. Googled the heck out of the flush valve inscription, measured it but dunno where/what to replace.

how do i identify the part number?

(I damaged the plastic flap under the flush valve by trying to pull it off with needle-nose pliers). Measurement seems to be 2 inches. Took 2 trips to Homedepot, clueless. Dont see anything for Dual Flush 2in kit... bought a 3 inch by mistake

Last edited by a moderator:

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toilet tank was constantly running water every few minutes. Got tired and decided to replace the Flush Value.... now that everything is disconnected, completely clueless on what to replace. Googled the heck out of the flush valve inscription, measured it but dunno where/what to replace.

(I damaged the plastic flap under the flush valve by trying to pull it off with needle-nose pliers). Measurement seems to be 2 inches. Took 2 trips to Homedepot, clueless. Dont see anything for Dual Flush 2in kit... bought a 3 inch by mistake
If you look behind the toilet seat there should be a brand name.
Inside the tank stamped in black and, in the china on the tank there are numbers that coincide with your toilet parts

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you take that info to a plumbing supply house they will give you the exact parts by using those numbers
Are there any numbers stamped in the china???????

iceburg501

Reaction score
This part looks like an exact match but its in China.... anyone can help find the US supplier? I found one american supplier but the part is missing the threads on bottom, seems to have screws (need threads):

1593811924327.png

Measurements and look of China version 100%

Last edited:

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This part looks like an exact match but its in China.... anyone can help find the US supplier? I found one american supplier but the part is missing the threads on bottom, seems to have screws (need threads):

View attachment 24720

Measurements and look of China version 100%
Check your local plumbing supply house

breplum

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
It is a fact that the Gerber Maxwell dual flush in the MaP performance testing site, flushes 500 grams. That is a "worst in class" flush, no bones about it!!!
It is among the worst flushing toilets on the market.