Toilet flange help please

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogstar

Reaction score
I am frustrated and need some help.
I tiled a small bathroom. I dry fitted the abs pipe and left room for the glue fit.
My waste pipe runs horizontal under the bathroom room and the piece of pipe from the elbow to the rotating type flange is very short - 3 1/4 inches. The elbow and flange almost meet at the bottom of the flange. That is how close it is. I worked my way up from below the bathroom and the last piece I glued was the flange after pre-cutting the piece from the elbow to the floor hole. I installed my flange ON TOP of the ceramic tile. When I dry set the flange it sat perfect on the tile. But after using ABS glue and welding all the pieces- the flange is not level. Half of it sits on the floor and the other side sits 1/4 inch off the tile.
My question are:
1 Should i have run the pipe up through the floor hole then cut flush with the tile before installing flange- or does the pipe have to be above the tile a certain amount with this method.
2 Can i screw the flange to the tile first and then ABS- but if i do this I can't see how to connect the elbow and a coupler to the remaining waste pipe
3-will my flange work if i shim with SS washers. Half is sitting on the floor or must I start again
See picture.
Thanks

flang1.jpg

pipe.jpg

1/4" won't make that much difference. Just be sure you fasten the flange to the floor. It may require spacers under the high side before screwing the flange down.

John

Latest posts

Back