Toilet doesn't like large "donations"

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humbolt, how long was "awhile" on leaving the vinegar in the tank? Was it mixed with water or just straight up vinegar? I think this is something I should try at some point for maintenance on my toilet (assuming vinegar won't harm anything in the tank).

Still hoping Steve gets his issues with the toilet clogging resolved.
Hi Zanne: This may answer your question. The article I used was titled "

How to Fix a Weak Flushing Toilet (8 Simple Solutions)​

Solution

The best way to completely clear the rim jets is to plug each jet with plumbers putty (I used tape) pour acidic toilet cleaner into the overflow tube (I used vineger) located in the toilet tank, and let the acidic cleaner sit for a while and dissolve the build-up and deposits. After a few hours, remove the plumbers putty and flush several times. Finish the job by scrubbing with a brush to remove any leftover debris.

May be an odd comment, but do you think it is clogging because of the volume or the size? I've heard of people keeping a "poop knife" in the bathroom that they use to cut up excrement to make it flush better.

A few suggestions: A bidet seat for rinsing after leaving a large "deposit" can cut back on the amount of toilet paper you use.

It is possible that the toilet trap still has something stuck in it and its also possible that your toilet just sucks.

You want a toilet with at least 900 MaP score. If you decide to replace it, the Toto Entrada is a decent one. It comes in chair height and has a 1000 MaP score. We got one for my friend's house when his 50+ yr old toilet he pulled out of the trash got clogged beyond repair.

Another thought: Is it possible that the drain for the toilet isn't vented properly?
Good punk band name, PoopKnife.

For what it is worth...My toilet would not flush properly and would fill with water rather than flushing the waste. It did flush but slowly. This is what I did and these procedures can be located on You Tube videos. I cleaned each and every hole located under the rim of the toilet. I also scraped the calcium deposits that form at the bottom of the toilet...where the hole is where the water comes from the tank to flush the waste. I used just about every small tool in the book to clean the holes. I used tape to plub the holes after cleaning and then poured vinegar into the tank and let it stand for awhile. Again you can see the videos on YOU TUBE. Folowing all that, he toilet flushed properly no matter what the size of the waste was because the toilet worked propery and was not preventing the gush of water to properly flush the waste. Again for what it is worth.
Thanks, Humbolt. It sounds like you've been there and won the fight. I'm going to try the tape and vinegar method first chance I get.

Hi Zanne...Hope you solved your toilet issue. I I just used vinegar and let sit over night.

Back