toilet clogged

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oletrkguy

Reaction score
I am new to your forum and I am by no means a plumber. So i will make this short. Is there a a product that I can pour down the toilet that will hopefully unclog it? Drano says do not use on toilets, I have tried baking soda and vinegar which seemed to be a wasted effort and I have plunged and plunged only to slowly push the water out. I suppose if there are no products that can disolve the problem, i will have to get a snake and go after it. Thanks ya'll for your time and experience.

Grace to you all,
Oletrkguy in SC

You will need to snake it. The best place for chemical drain cleaners is on store shelves. A clogged toilet needs to be snaked for sure.

I am new to your forum and I am by no means a plumber. So i will make this short. Is there a a product that I can pour down the toilet that will hopefully unclog it? Drano says do not use on toilets, I have tried baking soda and vinegar which seemed to be a wasted effort and I have plunged and plunged only to slowly push the water out. I suppose if there are no products that can disolve the problem, i will have to get a snake and go after it. Thanks ya'll for your time and experience.

Grace to you all,
Oletrkguy in SC
You could try an auger, a good one is about 50.00 rigid makes a good one it extends 6'

The best way you will know if you need a (snake) is if you run water your sink or tub and your toilet starts bubbling you need to remove your toilet and use an electric snake, if nothing happens when you run your fixtures you can use an auger

A toilet auger is the way to go. And it has a protective sleeve which will not scratch the pocelain. You can see a photo of a toilet auger online to see what it looks like. This type of auger will and should clear any clog in the toilet itself. Once that is done, use a regular snake to clear any obstructions via your other cleanouts. Chemicals are not recommened.

Thank you all for the help. I ended up calling a plumber. I had one toilet that was clogged which is the one I contacted your forum about. However not long afterwards my other toilet got clogged as well. I decided to go ahead and call someone that get it fixed and flushing in a fraction of the time it would take me. Plus no telling what kind of mess I would make. lol I do appreciate everyone for taking the time to help me.

God Bless,
oletrkguy in SC

I'm with ya oletrkguy! For a few hundred bucks, they drive here with the equipment necessary to get the job done, are in and out in just a few minutes, and they leave you with a warranty. I just sit back with my clean hands, and cut a check.

I am a DIY guy, and will save a buck when necessary, but I have seen way to many injuries while using the snakes, so I will always farm this job out.

We were running the large drain machine for a main line in the basement and the plumber with me got his leg to
close to the snake while it was running full speed and caught his pant leg and ripped it almost off clear past his
his thigh. It could of been worse.

We were running the large drain machine for a main line in the basement and the plumber with me got his leg to
close to the snake while it was running full speed and caught his pant leg and ripped it almost off clear past his
his thigh. It could of been worse.
That can probably turn you from a rooster to a hen pretty quickly!

Back