Toilet chain and lever

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrredalert4

Reaction score
I did a changing the flush and fill valve, lever, flapper and chain. Had it running perfectly. Of course a house with a number of people something liable to happen. Had a family member clog the toilet. Let my boys to unclog the toilet. I don't know what additionally they touched but it hasn't run quite the same. I got it unclogged and flushing but the lever is has no support and swings down in the tank and I can't seem to get the chain at the right link to keep it from getting caught under the flapper each time it's flushed leaving the water running until it's pulled from under it. Any suggestions? I know the end result as I suffered for months with a high utility bill from leaking water

If the handle is hanging down I would replace it. It is probably broken inside. You can get a generic one that might
work or get the number in the tank or lid and get an exact replacement which would be better.

Back