Time to vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Lately, it seems like a few newbies have joined this website for the purposes of promoting their own business, and nothing more. Have a smelly sink, contact a general contractor. have a leak in a p-trap, contact a general contractor. Ideas on sinks, contact a general contractor.

To top it off, their signature line speaks of being a marketing manager for you guess it....general contractors. Maybe I am incorrect and this is what the Plumbing Forum is designed for. If so, I will leave my cost saving ideas to myself, and simply exit the site.

Any others have similar feelings?

The point of the signature line incorparating a link to a business it to provide proffesionals in the industry incentive to answer question, not to post irrelevant ones that they themselves can answer. So to answer your question no.Unfortunantly they must be taken on a case by case situation. If you see this and are unsure please contact me for clarification and I will address the issue. This is what I am here for. Chris as well.

By the way the appropriate parties have been banned and post removed.

Dang... I came in here looking for answers about venting my secondary drain due to adding double bathroom sinks... I guess I'll just have to hire a gen contractor...

Dang... I came in here looking for answers about venting my secondary drain due to adding double bathroom sinks... I guess I'll just have to hire a gen contractor...

And you should. If ever there is an instance where you need help with something mundane and are looking to completely over pay for it shoot me a pm and as long as Airfare is covered I will be there quickly!

Thanks for the replies.

I will be the first to admit, there are some items I have no knowledge with, and avoid any comments. If I believe a professional is needed, then I will recommend it. Many posters don't have the money to have fixes done professionally (as I was being an 18 year old homeowner) and I love to provide help and encouragement.

It will always happen and people will only join forums to promote their site or project but I like to take it on a case by case basis because some just don't know and I don't want to push them away if they are actually here to help. Usually if someone has one bad post I will see what the next one or few are before I react. If you do see something that should not be please report the post then we will get an email notifying us to take a look.

I also pm people as they come in with advertising as initial post to let them know how we operate and what we allow. Like I said if ever your curious please notify Chris our myself and we will make sure it gets taken care of.

I just called a general contractor about my lawn and he's on his way out to mow it for only $500 (I think he's just going to take a look and maybe do it next week when his schedule opens up.). Thanks for the advice!

My contractor just sent my $125 lawnmower to a balance and blueprint mechanical engineer, and the bill was only $1750, but I don't feel so bad because he kicked back $800 to my contractor for the business!:D

I got $200 of it ande I'm not sure how.I'm keeping it. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back