Tie in ejector pump to main sewer line (basement)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen W

Reaction score
Is there any code preventing us from running the sewer line and drain line from a sewage ejector pit and sink pump horizontally then up and out from under the stairs to reach the main sewer in the basement ceiling? The other option is to go vertical to stairs and then run them at the angle of the stairs and out under the stringer. We are debating on how to run this...02B00A80-31BB-497A-9288-085738E90DB3.jpegCD304C4B-C44A-497C-88A7-84637BD49600.jpeg

As long as your plumbing with check valves and shut off gate/ball valves and proper vents are good, AND you have enough pumping power/rating to travel and have the proper total head sizing on the pump, then you can go horizontal.
Don't forget to have high water alarms in the tanks to tell you when the pumps fail.
We always use Duplex systems from Liberty, which give you two pumps and an alarm, all pre plumbed in the tank, ready to go.
Too late for your case.

Nothing is assembled yet and the ejector pump is a liberty pump. Which high water alarm do you recommend. Looks like I can still add that? The sink pump is a zoeller. From this chart it looks like max 19.25 is my max distance for the zoeller sink pump?

do the tie ins need to enter the sewer from the top of the 3” main sewer or from the side? and do they need to be any certain space apart in case they are both ejecting at the same time?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
"If the gravity drainage line to which such discharge line connects is horizontal, the method of connection shall be from the top through a wye branch fitting." UPC
Spacing is not addressed, being a rare to never circumstance.
I don't have any high water alarm reco, most anything from a major mfr. that can be set up appropriately in the basin.
Shut-off head is net height depending on the pump model you have, plus a very small amount of friction if going uphill horizontally.

Latest posts

Back