Three Valve Service Bypass Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
I want to get a reality check (not a black eye) please. I am preparing to solder up a three valve bypass for this whole-house water filter I am installing. I'd like to keep everything as compact as possible. So on the water filtration downstream IN and OUT (bottom of picture) I'd like to keep the stubs very short. By short, I am speaking of there being 2-3 inches from the body of the ball valve to the MPT adapter. I expect most would say this is ridiculously short. None the less, I'd like to achieve this if at all possible. Logic tells me I should first solder the pipes into the ball valve bodies as the body-to-pipe joints are going to require more heat than the pipe-to-MPT adapters or TEEs. Next would be to solder the MPT adapters. Then to solder up the TEEs. Is that an accurate assessment or is there a better strategy ? All recommendations and suggestions welcome. Thank you in advance, David.Service Bypass Detail.png

Back