Threaded Trap Adapter part ID?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiry

Reaction score
Hi all, and thanks in advance for any help.

I'm having trouble finding replacement parts for some damaged adapters. We have a two-basin sink, so a simple NPT x hub adapter isn't ideal, for maintenance/easy removal reasons.

It is a gasketed compression fitting, wherein there is a lock nut slotted into a gasket zone. The lock nut would thread onto the sink drain, compressing the gasket seal.

Can anyone give me the name of the pictured part?

View media item 714
My uneducated speculation is that a standard trap adapter would not work well here, as the steel sink drain is threaded.

Thanks!

Thanks frodo! That looks like a prety good solution. I would just have to clamp the proflex on good and tight, since it would be bearing the weight of ~5# PVC, or else mount it.

It seems like my original part is really rare, since I can't seem to find anything like it locally or online (yet). I would call it a buttress fitting, except it has a freely-rotating ring with the threads on it.
If I can't find the part I will surely take your advice, frodo, thank you.

I think frodo's link solved my question! Thanks!
It is a threaded nut, aka a union adapter (NPT x socket). I had forgotten entirely what that was called, feels silly.

Thanks a million, now I can finally fix my sink.

Latest posts

Back