the tanks pumping into one field

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brunolund

Reaction score
is there any reason I can't pump two septic tanks into one field? assuming the field is big enough? the only other issue I can think of is it pumping one tank into the other. the pumps would have check valves, and there should be no pressure after the dbox. just curious.

States vary but in general you can have more than one tank feeding one properly sized disposal field. In Texas, and I think most states you can not have a pump in the septic tank. You must use a pump tank after the septic tank. The reason is you don't want the pump stirring up the contents of the septic tank.

You can have multiple tanks draining into a single drainfield if, like you said, the drainfield is large enough. Although there may be some jurisdictions that prohibit that, but I don't know why they would.

As for placement of the pump, it would need to be in its own chamber or tank as pumps are not designed to handle solids. There are grinder pumps but even those are limited to the size of chunks that can go through. Besides, you don't want to be pumping solid particles into the drainfield.

Back