temperature variances with acrylic and copper

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trackin. Pickin up a kimber after that.

**** california, indiana, dc, and most of new england. Even though wisconsin is still quite conservative, I'm leaving cuz I'm tired of the sjw's, radfems, and extreme left in madison trying to pass first and second amendment encroaching laws. Going to kentucky.

Never bump fired, probably never will. As far as usefulness... well lets say in over 100 firefights I used burst once, and that was because we had just been issued pmags, and I was attempting to unload my standard mags as fast as possible. Granted, all of em were long distance, but still....

As far as ak's vs ar's...

AK's
Reliable
Cheap
More penetration
Cheaper Ammo
Some states don't allow deer hunting with 5.56

Ar's
Lighter
Accurate
Reliable enough (with pmag's)
Low recoil
More expansion on contact (translates to higher knockback and damage)
Less corrosive surplus ammo
Modular
Lighter ammo, meaning you can carry more
Smaller magazines
Some ranges allow 5.56, but not 7.62

I'm sure I'm forgetting something in that comparison

you said "I'm sure I'm forgetting something in that comparison"

and i said not really,,as in you pretty much got it.:)

View attachment 8309

Ok....The train jumped the tracks, was all in the weeds. broke down.

BUT,,Mr david, Havasu, And Myself,,,turned a couple of wrenchs.

with the help of the OP...we got it unstuck and back on track

I'm sticking a copper pipe into a 15 gallon 1/2" acrylic tank, and sealing the pipe with teflon paste (not tape) sealing it. The tank will be filled with mineral oil, and will vary between ambient room temperatures and 80c/176f, although standard operating temperatures will be between 40-50c/104-122f.

Will the pipe expand to the point of cracking the acrylic, or shrink to the point of leaking?

Is this problem fixed?

are you familiar with a disposal connector ?

196642_front500.jpg

this could be attached to the tank,,,,,and the pipe ran thru it...like a gromet, to stop any expansion.

Last edited:
View attachment 8309

Ok....The train jumped the tracks, was all in the weeds. broke down.

BUT,,Mr david, Havasu, And Myself,,,turned a couple of wrenchs.

with the help of the OP...we got it unstuck and back on track

I'm sticking a copper pipe into a 15 gallon 1/2" acrylic tank, and sealing the pipe with teflon paste (not tape) sealing it. The tank will be filled with mineral oil, and will vary between ambient room temperatures and 80c/176f, although standard operating temperatures will be between 40-50c/104-122f.

Will the pipe expand to the point of cracking the acrylic, or shrink to the point of leaking?

Is this problem fixed?

are you familiar with a disposal connector ?

View attachment 8310

this could be attached to the tank,,,,,and the pipe ran thru it...like a gromet, to stop any expansion.

Interesting. Does it come in silicone? cuz mineral oil dissolves rubber.

Supposing it does, should I coat the inside and outside with teflon, or would the silicone be enough to seal it?

Interesting. Does it come in silicone? cuz mineral oil dissolves rubber.

Supposing it does, should I coat the inside and outside with teflon, or would the silicone be enough to seal it?

Ok, I see I am going to have to dig deeper...

using a step bit,,,I drilled a auminum top to a vessel then threaded a 3/4 male adapter into the top
cut the threads off of a female adapter to use on the bottom as a back up nut

[/ATTACH]

then, take a 3/4 x 1/2 fitting reducer.

on the inside of te reducer, is a small bump...called a "stop"

file the {dremel} the stop out so that a 1/2 pipe will slide up all the way thru

place fittin reducer in 3/4 dapter, pipe in reducer to desired length

solider all...thread into tank.

Attachments

• ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd 003.jpg
    ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd 003.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 42
  • ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd 002.jpg
    ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd 002.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 83
That wouid be perfect, except I'd have to caulk rather than solder it (IDT attempting to solder acrylic would end well....)

I reread it and what it sounds like is basically a hollow "bolt", with the pipe going through the "bolt", and soldered to the threads. That should be easy enough to manage.

I reread it and what it sounds like is basically a hollow "bolt", with the pipe going through the "bolt", and soldered to the threads. That should be easy enough to manage.

yes sir,,,if your carefull with a unibit 15stepdrillset__51345_1407856577_1280_1280.jpg

you can drill it out to accept the thread....go slow, check it often.

good luck....

Latest posts

Back