Tankless hot water heater not igniting due to low water pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoSuburban

Reaction score
My generic Tankless natural gas hot water heater is not igniting due to low water pressure. It is not possible for me to increase the water pressure at this time. When I had higher water pressure (until recently) it turned on just fine. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the igniter so it will fire-up at a lower water pressure? I have located 2 screws under the water valve and diaphragm. Someone told me adjusting those 2 screws will increase or decrease the sensitivity of the igniter. Is that true? Photos attached. Advanced thanks.

Attachments

• 06-16-20_210622.png
    06-16-20_210622.png
    973.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 06-16-20_210035.png
    06-16-20_210035.png
    964.1 KB · Views: 6
Have a lic,insured,professional work on the gas......
Do you have good pressure on the cold??????
Do you have any paper work with the unit??????
Is there a brand name one the unit??????
Do you have th3 unit serviced on a regular basis??????

That is not an appliance you can fiddle around with.
It can burn your house down or explode if you screw up the ignition or gas settings.

Everything Geofd said was good, answer his questions, or call a pro to service it.

Cheaper than a new house and a funeral.

And explain to us why you can’t address your low water pressure at this time.

You could also see if there is a strainer on the cold water inlet that may be clogged (often similar to what is in a washing machine inlet where the cold water hose connects). Have you de-scaled the heat exchanger with white vinegar? If the unit has not been serviced by a licensed gas technician in the past couple of years, have it serviced now.

Have a lic,insured,professional work on the gas......
Do you have good pressure on the cold??????
Do you have any paper work with the unit??????
Is there a brand name one the unit??????
Do you have th3 unit serviced on a regular basis??????
Unit is 1 year old. No service done. Bought from EBay. No paperwork. 8 liter capacity.

There has to be an info plate on it somewhere, with a model and serial number.
Probably a brand name also.
Post pics of that.

But it really seems that without any manual you have no idea what to try to adjust or clean or tune up.

So save your life and property, and call a good hvac pro who knows tankless heaters.

Back