SV-F Super-Vee orange hand Snake,The coil can just fall out?????

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raze1225

Reaction score
Was snaking apartment building today and had to go pretty far down to get the clog, After i got it i went maybe another foot or so just to be safe. And what was left of the coil just started sliding.
I let go of the trigger and tried to pull the machine back and grab coil but about a foot of coil was left id say ( i didnt realize) and it jus slid right out the chamber, down the pipe. Luckily i was able to take apart the pipe below and take it out. But i had no idea it would jus fall out like that. Figured it had some sort of stopper

I’ve used another cable to retrieve one I’ve lost before when it’s broke off in the drain. I try not to let that happen by replacing my cables when I believe it needs it.

Chemical drain cleaners can damage your cable and make it brittle, prone to breaking.

We had the super V orange main drain cleaner. Had it in a commercial drain 100ft in and the retriever quit working. We had to pull
100ft of snake out by hand. Man what a job.

We had the super V orange main drain cleaner. Had it in a commercial drain 100ft in and the retriever quit working. We had to pull
100ft of snake out by hand. Man what a job.

I took the auto feed/retrieve off my machine the first day. Never used it.

I use 3/4” innercore cable 75’ reels. I’ve put 225’ in some drains.

mans work 👊

Latest posts

Back