Sump Pump Height

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wd40

Reaction score
I have two pits in my basement as the water table is high on my lot. I burned one pump up this week. Since it was burnt up I thought I wait a little before I replace it to see what happens with the level of water and if the basement floods. I kept an eye all week and the water level stayed the same. I believe my pumps are sitting below the grade and are just pumping the ground water and will never get ahead. I replaced the pump to where the water level is. Any thoughts on the water level if it's too high?

20200912_095549.jpg

Attachments

• 20200912_095600.jpg
    20200912_095600.jpg
    681.4 KB · Views: 5
have you tried adding water to your pit to see if it raises with the extra water
we had an under ground spring in our first house there was always water....but i did flood when we had big rains
i would also raise the pump with concrete blocks so the float is at rest, but if it does start to fill its gonna turn on

Last edited:
It looks like you already have the pump sitting up on concrete pads, and it is sitting really high in the pit.

You probably want to set it up so that the water level never gets higher than about eight inches from the top of the basement floor.
So that the gravel under the slab is not always saturated.

Back