Suggestions on Water Jetting??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plastic, GENERALLY no. Cast iron, yes, if the pipe is already so far gone that it needs to be replaced anyway.

Plastic pipe can be damaged in situations where someone is using too large of a hose diameter and head in too small of a pipe diameter with short turn fittings, such as a Ptrap. I have seen this happen.

In cast iron, if a jetter damages the pipes, it didn't really damage the pipe, it just exposed the damage that was already there.

I like Phish's answer. Generally would be the term I would use, because I've been taught to never say never.

I appreciate to phish's and IFIXH20's answer. I will go with them.

Water jetting is the most preferred way of cleaning pipes, as it does not involve usage of chemicals. But it is advisable to only allow experienced and professional plumber advices to perform this procedure, as ultra high pressure water jetting might damage pipes if the procedure is not performed properly.

I appreciate to phish's and IFIXH20's answer. I will go with them.

Water jetting is the most preferred way of cleaning pipes, as it does not involve usage of chemicals. But it is advisable to only allow experienced and professional plumber advices to perform this procedure, as ultra high pressure water jetting might damage pipes if the procedure is not performed properly.

Hey Miles, I will definitely take help of Plumbers if I have need it and Thanks for your advice.

Not all drain cleaners are plumbers. There are a few Drain cleaning SPECILIST that don't do any repairs and they have now clue about the pipe systems other than $6it flows down hill. They hire guys, show them how to run a couple machines for a week or 2 , then cut them loose on the public. I know! I started out that way 30 yrs ago.

Not all drain cleaners are plumbers. There are a few Drain cleaning SPECILIST that don't do any repairs and they have now clue about the pipe systems other than $6it flows down hill. They hire guys, show them how to run a couple machines for a week or 2 , then cut them loose on the public. I know! I started out that way 30 yrs ago.

"They hire guys, show them how to run a couple machines for a week or 2 , then cut them loose on the public." I laughed after reading your reply. You are funny plumber dear.

I would have laughed, but unfortunately this happens all too often.

I have three different nozzles that will chew 2x4 lumber to pieces and two of them will cut concrete. Bear in mind that my 4K/10gpm jetter is not all that big in the vast world of hydrojetting.

There is no pipe that cannot be damaged by any tool used improperly or in the wrong setting. Plastic, cast, concrete, clay, ductile...it doesn't really matter. Anything a smart man made, a not-so-smart man can break.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back