Stumped and dreading the only possibility I can imagine.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollo

Reaction score
Working on a shower. Turn the handle an 1/8th turn, usually cold water should come out, but nothing. Another 1/8th turn and you can start to hear something, but water is just starting to drip out. Continue to turn and more the water starts to flow. It is just hot water, and too hot to shower in.
It is a tile shower and I am afraid someone forgot to turn on the cold connection. Could it be something else?
I cannot get to any of the fittings other than take off the handle and face plate. I can only imagine having to dig into the wall, but hate that idea.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Is it possible that the shower valve is just messed up? Would it be feasible to replace it, or just shut off the water to the house, drain it, then take the current shower valve apart and have someone turn the water main back on and see if you are getting cold water? I am no plumber by any stretch of the imagination, so if that doesn't make sense, please forgive me.

Latest posts

Back