studor vent for ejector pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etiger

Reaction score
I just finished a basement and have become away that my ejection pump probably shouldn't be vented with a studor vent. I am not one to cut corners but now I have all of the sheetrock complete and it would be a pain in the you know what to install a vent to the roof. I found this diagram on the Studor website, I know that I have to make sure my building officials are cool with it but I am just curious if anyone has actually done a detail like this...does it work? How important is the not about the vent pipe tying into the horizontal drain 20 diameters away? Please go to page 16 on:

http://www.studor.com/DesignCriteria.pdf

Thanks!

Here in Pahrump, the Air Admittance Valves are installed just as much as your typical through the roof vents. It was quite a shock when I ran into it but one company showed me a letter from the Building Department granting specific permission for the installations. When I was doing quality control, I would fill up both bowls of the kitchen sink and then pull the plugs, man the whistle that the Studor Vent would make had be belly laughing.

Personally I would only use it in very specific situations. In your case, if the Building Dept. is ok with it, I would let it go. If you have problems down the road, then you can look at reventing it.

Latest posts

Back