Studor Air Admittance valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLForester

Reaction score
I purchased a Studor Maxi vent air admittance valve (for 3 & 4 inch pipes) as the stack appeared to be a 3 inch one. Once I got deep into the attic, I was surprised to find it was 2 inches. May I use the Maxi vent with an adapter or must I purchase the Mini Vent for 2 inch pipes?

Florida code P3114.7 states "a minimum of one stack vent or a vent stack shall extend out doors to the open air." I am eliminating just one as it interferes with solar panels. I wanted to make sure that although a larger size, it was still OK to adapt the Maxi-vent and it would function properly. I did not want to "assume" anything.

Florida code P3114.7 states "a minimum of one stack vent or a vent stack shall extend out doors to the open air." I am eliminating just one as it interferes with solar panels. I wanted to make sure that although a larger size, it was still OK to adapt the Maxi-vent and it would function properly. I did not want to "assume" anything.

Makes perfect sense. My builder in Michigan, in 1992, had a thing about roof penetrations and appearance from the street. Thus, all plumbing vents went to the attic, and were tied together to a single vent through the roof. All bathroom fans vented through soffits. All attic vents were on the back side of the house and not visible from the street.

Yes, vents are allowed to be Upsized., and it can only help., not hurt the plumbing system!

Latest posts

Back