Strange sink stainer size on cast iron sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemicha

Reaction score
I recently acquired an older cast iron utility sink (American Standard 7695 built in 1973 according to the underside of the sink)

American Standard Canada | Products | Sinks | Akron Wall Hung

and it did not come with the drain/p-trap that doubles as a support. I have been unable to locate a drain assembly for it because the drain hole in the sink measures 2 7/8" rather than the standard 3 1/2".

Does anyone know where to find odd sized drain assemblies so I can hook up a drain to this cast iron beast?

Thanks in advance,

You may need to go to the American Standard website. I am not familiar with any sink that uses the drain as a support. I would have to assume that the drain pipe is cast iron and has mounting holes to attach to the wall.

I did link the american standard site to the sink in my original post, again it is at: American Standard Canada | Products | Sinks | Akron Wall Hung

I no longer need the support as it is mounted into a counter top, but I do need the strainer to go into the sink and the outside diameter of the threads on the strainer that came out of the sink measured 2 7/8". This is too small for the standard 3 1/2" kitchen drain and to large for the 2" bar sink strainers.

thanks for your response though,

=)

Back