Stop Valve with Bib

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arm25

Reaction score
I have this stop valve and it leaking, I am unable to remove thee washer. Can any one please help me to find where i can buy a this kind of valve with Bib

Attachments

• Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    9.9 MB · Views: 8
If you carefully cut the washer off you can use pliers to grab the broken screw and remove it. Hopefully.

Then get a new washer and screw.

Or replace the entire valve body and all with a complete new Bibb.

already tried that and did not work, Do you know if i can buy one from a plumbing supply store or online?

Typically the stems for those bibbs are not available unless you know the brand and they’re still machining it.

I use a razor knife to completely remove the washer, then remove the screw. If I cant remove it then sometimes I drill the screw out and re-tap it to the next size screw up.
99 out of 100 I cut the washer off exposing enough of the brass screw off to grab and remove.

For now i put another washer on top of the previous washer without support and put the valve back in and it did stop the leak . I am not touching it until the weekend is over.

You can also use a brass hose cap to cap the outlet. Available at most hardware stores

Latest posts

Back