Standing water outside of septic bed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbcac

Reaction score
I had my tank emptied a few weeks ago. The bed is always saturated in the spring. Septic guy said the system looked healthy a month ago when he emptied the tank. There is standing water at the end of my field (see my diagram) and a small 6" round hole that seems to be feeding it (see picture). I does smell sometimes. My neighborhood has these sorts of "sink hole" problems and most of the homes are on city provided sewer. In my front yard I usually just fill it wil some gravel, cover with top soil and plant some grass over top. Since this is in the middle of this standing water and it seems to be feeding the standing water issues I was wondering if anyone has any advice. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Attachments

• standing water.png
    standing water.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 8
  • hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 8
Looks like maybe a vented leach field. Break out the wallet. call the guy. Help him out by going on vacation a week before he starts. Give the ground a minute to dry.

Just a wild guess based on some things that happened to my system a few years ago. Your septic guy should ensure there are no blockages at all in the system. You may have a blockage at the exit header, forcing the drain field to operate on a reduced capacity, thus overflowing the one drain line that has the issue. In my case the blockage caused an infiltration of a massive clump of roots from trees and bushes that seemed far enough away to have not caused problems--but those roots seek water wherever they can find it.

Yeah, it's a dig, but generally not too deep.

Latest posts

Back