Stainless steel garage utility sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
When I came home from my vacation, I found a really nice stainless steel sink sitting in my garage. My son knew I have been looking for one to replace the cheap plastic sink I currently have installed in the garage, and found this slightly used one at a friend's shop which was being thrown away.

Today I decided to install it, and have some nice looking chrome drain lines to replace the cheap looking PVC drain lines. Since this sink is considerably smaller than the plastic sink, I am lacking a ledge for soap and shampoo for the dogs, but have another piece of stainless steel which I will fit into a drop down shelf at a later time.

Here are some before and after pictures:

006.jpg

011.jpg

013 (2).jpg

016.jpg

019.jpg

Thanks, I just wish it was larger but as they say, "Beggers can't be choosers!"

Put a small counter top next to it and it will look good and be useful. Maybe find a larger SS top and cut it down.

Yeah, I do have a piece of S/S that I plan on fabbing, unless I can buy a fold down S/S table which I would mount on the wall.

And after the second time looking at it, I do have one nitpick. Get rid of those braided lines and put some chromed soft copper supply lines on, that will make the installation look SO much better.

I agree with you phish. I just used the existing braided lines, and are too long for that sink. My wife called me yesterday to tell me that she gave the dogs a bath in it, and absolutely hates it. She claims it is too small to bathe our mutts in it, so I guess I'll still be searching for the perfect garage sink when I return home.

:eek:Just ask your wife if she would wash her hair in that sink?
Then why would you wash the dogs in it.
Tell her that sink is for mops and dirty greasy garage hands. :D

:eek:Just ask your wife if she would wash her hair in that sink?
Then why would you wash the dogs in it.
Tell her that sink is for mops and dirty greasy garage hands. :D

When she dyes her hair, I sure wish she would use the sink in the garage. That stuff stinks! BTW, what gray hair?

Back