Sprinkler valve storage box

Discussion in 'General Plumbing Help' started by havasu, Jul 31, 2010.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above.
  1. Jul 31, 2010 #1

havasu

havasu

havasu

Administrator Staff Member Admin

For those of us who have exposed electric sprinkler valves, we know it is a natural attraction for dogs to eat the wires. It is also an area where kids play with the adjustments, and gardeners tend to destroy way too often.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Using exterior plywood, simply make a box large enough to accomodate the sprinkler valves and additional upper storage. use exterior glue and attach it using brad nails.
    [​IMG]

Add an interior shelf high enough to cover the tops of the sprinklers, and again use exterior glue and brad nails to attach.
    [​IMG]

Install a full length rust proof piano hinge on the back side for added support.
    [​IMG]

Use any extra plywood for additional lid support and to keep the rain from entering the box.
    [​IMG]

Line the ground with bricks or similar to keep the wood from staying on the wet soil and attracting termites.
    [​IMG]

Fill the upper portion with pool supplies, garden tools, or anything you want to keep little hands from touching.
    [​IMG]

This is the finished product, ready to prime and paint, using exterior grade paint.
    [​IMG]

Since the wife loves to tile, we might add some tile on top, but paint the rest of it. I hope you enjoyed! :cool:

2. Jul 31, 2010 #2

Otahyoni

Otahyoni

Otahyoni

Looks good Mark!

I'm about 1/3 way through my project. Gotta wait on my help to get back...