Sprinkler / Patio quick question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

res428

Reaction score
Having a paver patio installed shortly. The patio will be placed in a spot that currently has 3 sprinkler heads which will need to be rerouted. Sprinkler guy says to install patio, have workers cut the lines, then move sprinklers. But patio guy says to reroute sprinklers first, before installing patio. Any tips on which is better, and why? Thx!

What I hear the sprinkler guy saying is, "tell the patio guy cut and remove sprinklers and piping and then install the patio."

And what I hear the patio guy saying is, "not my job man."

Not knowing the layout and elevations of your patio or sprinkler piping, I cannot determine if the sprinkler piping is going to interfere with any of the patio installation. But I don't think you don't want sprinkler heads and piping buried under your paver patio. So, pay the patio guy to cut the lines outside the patio layout and remove the heads and piping, or have the sprinkler guy do it before the patio is installed. The sprinkler modifications can be done after the patio is installed.

Thanks for the input. I’m hearing the same thing. Although the patio guy said he would do it. I’d prefer not to have the sprinkler guy come twice and pay for 2 visits. My thought is that I should change sprinklers first, since I know exactly where the patio is going. Then have the patio guys come

Cut that line and cap it, out of the way of the new patio. Once the remodel is done, cut the cap and set the sprinklers for the best coverage.

i would sure think that it depends how much grass that you need irrigated around the proposed patio....the heads only sweep so far...especially when they're adjusted correctly. so, you still may be left with more than one head to satisfy the grass.................i've seen way more than once that irrigation heads are adjusted in such a way so that they "spray" for distance and hardly get any water in the immediate area of the head........typically adjusted with a screw, at least on Hunter heads, that partially interrupts the water spray and makes it kinda "fizzle"......

Latest posts

Back