Sprinkler Drain Valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broncos723

Reaction score
Hello! My sprinkler drain valve is almost impossible to drain as the contractor who finished my basement boxed it in very narrowly. Is there a trick to draining this out or a suggestion? I used a ziploc bag this year and got most of the water, but still had some water leak down the back of the wall into the insulation. I was thinking of putting some sort of extension hose with a cap so in the future I can drain it outside of the wall, but wasn't sure if that was feasible or what to buy. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20211022_124330.jpg
    20211022_124330.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
We don't drain sprinklers, we blow them out! There is supposed to be a T with a valve to connect an air compressor to, just downstream from the shut off.

Hello! My sprinkler drain valve is almost impossible to drain as the contractor who finished my basement boxed it in very narrowly. Is there a trick to draining this out or a suggestion? I used a ziploc bag this year and got most of the water, but still had some water leak down the back of the wall into the insulation. I was thinking of putting some sort of extension hose with a cap so in the future I can drain it outside of the wall, but wasn't sure if that was feasible or what to buy. Thanks!

Just get a hose that slips over the drain when you need it and a 5gal bucket.

The sprinkler co. Wouldn't use that to drain the system it's only meant to drain the copper feeding the backflow device outside,like the other posters mentioned there must be somety outside to hook up a compressor to

Back