Source for Discontinued Eljer Shower Knobs and Valves (Image)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg-15

Reaction score
Hello. Moved in 10 years ago and the shower controls showed wear. Now the controls are a difficult to operate especially when guests are over. I am looking for a source to replace the discontinued knob and valve components on the inside. Is there a source in the USA that specializes with discontinued Eljer parts?

pKrrfLt.jpg

hkZx2sd.jpg

A picture of the cartridge would help to identify what you have. You should also check Valley faucets, they were made by Eljer.

Thanks for the source. It appears they have the part that is very much the same and the vendor lists it is stock. See Images:

JmzZDX8.jpg

mGHhpy2.jpg

b4ilCdw.jpg

dsl9aSh.jpg

House was built in 1989 so the part is pre 1993 design.

I am going to check if an updated cartridge will fit into the pre 1993 design assembly in the wall.

Last edited:
Completed the repair. Investigated Eljer and Valley Faucet Company history and found out Danco makes a replacement part for the early style Valley cartridge. The part number was Danco #80978 (VA-1). My local Orhcard Supply Hardware had the part in stock and a very reasonable price. Going to replace the other valves in the house.

7QirMYs.jpg

TkBCsDj.jpg

Thanks for all your help and hope others find this useful.

When researching, I got reminded on how many American Workers lost their good jobs to cheap labor in China back in the 1990's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back