snrusnak's shower remodel

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really not sure but that guy was a professional and did it that way, so I don't think I would modify it, unless you have no other choice. I do know curb rotting will destroy your build in short time if water penetrates it.

Would you mind changing the thread title to more fit the overall project? Like "my shower remodel" or something along those lines.

I'm still not getting clear cut answers on these corners but I think I'm going to copy what that guy did in his link.

Thanks!

I got in touch online with the guy in that link, and got it all sorted out. I'll post back after the weekend with results!

So I got it done today. I probably went overboard, but I'm happy with it. I'll water test tomorrow. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. Thanks to everyone for the help.

So I bought a plug for the 2" drain that has a wingnut that you tighten down, but it won't fit past the upper flange. Any idea what other type of drain plug I can use to water test the pan?

Most inspectors will not accept that, they want the entire drain body to be put under test.

Hughes Plumbing Supply on Ferguson Ave just off of Colonial carries 2" test balls.

Edit to add: an extension hose makes life easier. I can do without them, but is does help.

Yeah doing so would not test the seam where the liner meets the drain. Plus the weep holes would be open.

Thanks I'll try Hughes. Any estimate on cost?

I looked up how far hughes is from me and am thinking about just ordering one online now. I'd rather wait a few days for it than waste an evening driving out there, fighting traffic, etc(if they are even open evenings). I found these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/CHERNE-2-in-Rubber-Test-Ball-Plug-270024/100123670#.Ub8ycKJOPEY

And this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/CHERNE-2-in-Rubber-Test-Ball-Plug-271020/100167690#.Ub8ycqJOPEY

The first one looks correct but the second one doesn't. Can I but the extension hose separately? I think I can have it shipped from HD to my house...

Finally got the drain plug in and have water siting in the pan tonight. Hopefully no leaks in the morning and I will form the curb this weekend...

No leaks 12 hours later :)

Going to hopefully mud the curb tomorrow...we'll see. Also need to change the oil in the wife's car and the buell, and maybe the truck, amongst other projects :(

Very true...

I didn't get any of the oil changed today(rained just about all day) but I did manage to get the mud mixed and the curb formed. I have to say I can see this being pretty difficult if you have no experience. I'm no pro but working for a masonry contractor I have held a trowel before and I found it to be pretty tedious. I think it turned out pretty good though.

Not perfect, but it'll work...

I'm off goldenrod just north of the airport. ya it actually didn't rain in the early morning but I worked on another project.

I want to use travertine for the curb. Do you think I can bullnose the travertine?

Latest posts

Back