Small instant hot water unit.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Can any of you guys reccomend me a small affordable instant hot water unit I can install in my BBQ island? I don't need anything more than a cup or two at a time but it would be niece to have the ability to have warm water occasionally while at the bar. Also looking for the most cost effective, I know there are alot of really nice gadgets but I just can not afford them at this time. I don't want to be sleeping in the dog house for spending a boat load on the BBQ.

I've installed the commercial version of this in a few small retail stores.

The advantage is it doesn't use energy when its not being used. I'm not sure if they're "rated" for outdoor use. That doesn't mean you can't use it for such.

That is still probably more than I want to spend to have warm water at my BBQ island although I do have an account at Ferguson and HD Supply. Do you know of any cheaper models that are not complete junk?

What's the point if you only need one or two cups? It's a handwashing sink right? How hot does the water get with those?

They heat water up to 120*.

InSinkErator, or ISE (the garbage disposal people) make an Insta-Hot. It makes about 2 quarts of 180*+ water. Meant mainly for VERY hot water on demand for tea, heating a baby bottle, or cooking. Can't really adapt it for a faucet and handwashing.

There may be other models out there for cheaper but I have no experience other than the one I linked.

Chris, ever see those two cup coffee makers they sell? Also good for making hot water for hot chocolate or other drinks. Probably less than $30 and don't take up much space. All you need is an extension cord or nearby outlet.

They heat water up to 120*.

InSinkErator, or ISE (the garbage disposal people) make an Insta-Hot. It makes about 2 quarts of 180*+ water. Meant mainly for VERY hot water on demand for tea, heating a baby bottle, or cooking. Can't really adapt it for a faucet and handwashing.

There may be other models out there for cheaper but I have no experience other than the one I linked.

Those are what gave me the idea and they are pretty cheap but I would want it to be hooked up to the faucet and I don't think that is possible.

Chris, ever see those two cup coffee makers they sell? Also good for making hot water for hot chocolate or other drinks. Probably less than $30 and don't take up much space. All you need is an extension cord or nearby outlet.

I do have outlets going in but I realy want the water to just come out of the faucet when I turn it on. I guess I could just run an insulated line from the house or just have cold water?

Back