Slow Leak From Handle Advice

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LooseMoose

Reaction score
Hi All! First time posting here!
Noticed last week that the space where the handle attaches to my kitchen faucet leaks a little droplet of water every 30 seconds or so...Because of Covid-19 I am hesitant to have someone come to my home to fix the issue...i have an underlying health condition too which complicates things.

My main concern is that the handle suddenly breaks and water starts shooting everywhere. Is that a possibility? If not I’m considering just leaving it for now.

I thought to change the mixer tap cartridge but the little Allen key bolt to take off the handle won’t budge for the life of me...

Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• E9FD9063-B56C-4C96-AECC-A8070D27EF49.jpeg
    E9FD9063-B56C-4C96-AECC-A8070D27EF49.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
It won't just snap off, but the leak will get worse over time.

Getting that set screw loose to change out the cartridge is the solution, so figure that out, and you'll be set.

It won't just snap off, but the leak will get worse over time.

Getting that set screw loose to change out the cartridge is the solution, so figure that out, and you'll be set.
Thanks for your response! I’ll try to get that screw loose again... it seems to have some buildup(calcium?) around it and is making it hard to come loose. Thanks again!

Squirt some vinegar in there and let it sit overnight.

And/or squirt in some penetrating oil such as PB Blaster, it sneaks through the threads and helps the allen screw break free.

Back