Slow Basement Drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey stevemachine , I know it has been way to long to say or reply to your last posting but and I apologize for that just now have had some time to return but any way no it is still slow and getting slower . I have a couple of images to post and was wondering if some one could tell me if I'm wrong on what I think it might be and that would be an old clean out plug in the floor so one could get by the trap in the floor drain . It will move some what but have not really put to much tork on it and just carefully moved it back and forth as I did not want to twist it off until I came here and asked what it might be. It almost feel's like it would twist off but not to say it feel's like it is loosening. There is no clean out plug in the bowl of the floor drain as you can see and but can feel an opening to the left with a stiff wire which probably leads to the trap, this funny looking plug is in line with the way the drain pipe travels to the left of the bowl looking down on it .

If someone can give me a guess about what this is would be great . It is solid on top also . Feels like and looks like galvanized metal to me.

IMAG0122 (Small).jpg

IMAG0123 (Small).jpg

IMAG0121 (Small).jpg

I posted new info for this previous problem I have been working on would like some help on this .

When the sewer line from your home becomes clogged, it will cause a backup in the drains throughout the house. You will find slow drains and clogs in sinks, showers, and toilets. A single clog usually means an obstruction in the drainpipe, but if the clogs are everywhere it usually means an emergency issue in the sewer line that will need professional plumbers.

When the sewer line from your home becomes clogged, it will cause a backup in the drains throughout the house. You will find slow drains and clogs in sinks, showers, and toilets. A single clog usually means an obstruction in the drainpipe, but if the clogs are everywhere it usually means an emergency issue in the sewer line that will need professional plumbers.

This drain is the only problem in the house . It used to handle our washer discharge but it is now slowing down and water will build up on the basement floor .

Latest posts

Back