Sloan valve conundrums

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My Brother in Law works maintenance for several county and state facilities. Although his expertise is primarily electrical, he has also been given the task of dealing with plumbing issues. The majority of the problems he is dealing with is issues with Sloan valves. Understanding there are numerous types of Sloan valves replacement parts, he would like to carry an assortment of various types of valves, parts and other items high on the repair lists.

Can some of the professional plumbers let me know what parts they usually carry on the truck, which are universal replacement types, which are more prone to needing replaced, etc?

Havasu, I always carried different diaphram gpm's. The diaphragm is usually the culprit. Plus a handle repair kit. A couple Vacuum breaker repair kits. When replacing the whole sloan valve I save the shut off valve if the one I a was working was good. I saved a couple 1", 1 1/4" valves
incase I needed to replace. These are the main parts that I carried in my van and if I needed something else I went to the supply house.

Rigid also makes a special type pipe wrench to unscrew the top of the valve off
without scratching it all to heck.

Latest posts

Back