Skid steer on tracks driving over septic inlet pipe.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff3

Reaction score
I am having some excavation work done and they will need to use a skid steer on tracks. To get to and from the site, they will have to drive over the inlet pipe with the skid steer. The skid steer with tracks apparently has a ground pressure of 4-6 psi. Is this ok to be driving over the pipe?

Not sure. Is there a way to find out without digging? The tank is around 20 feet from the house and the top sits about ground level. So maybe 6 inches or so?

Tracks are better than wheels. If the pipe is 12-18” underground in hard ground it should be ok.

I’m assuming this is PVC pipe you have.

You could always pile dirt up over the line to build a bridge or use sheets of plywood to spread the load out where the equipment will be passing.

Tracks are better than wheels. If the pipe is 12-18” underground in hard ground it should be ok.

I’m assuming this is PVC pipe you have.

You could always pile dirt up over the line to build a bridge or use sheets of plywood to spread the load out where the equipment will be passing.
Thank you, yes it is pvc. Guess I need to find out the depth.

You should have an outside clean out. if you can find it and measure down to it you will have a good guesstimate.

I would use 2x10 planks made into a mat , plywood is not all that stable . Just my 2 cents but I usually go overboard on overkill..........

Tracks do way better than tires. If it’s buried to code it’ll be ok. Here that’s 12”

Back