Sink drainage

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenkins

Reaction score
Is this going to be a problem? Looking at the height of the drain level compared to where the drainage coming out of the disposal.

Attachments

• 7FA86703-D03F-428A-A5D2-F927767A4A9F.jpeg
    7FA86703-D03F-428A-A5D2-F927767A4A9F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Drain is stubbed out too high out of the wall . You could put it together and make it work but it will not be right , probably leak and clog . When I first started 33 years ago we stubbed kitchen sink drains 19 inches off the sub floor every time . It was always good to go with no problems . Then deeper sinks and under mounted sinks that were deeper even started showing up . Now that 19 inch height doesn't work anymore . New construction I stub out kitchen drains 16 or 14 inches off of the subfloor .
Wall needs cut out and drain line lowered . Sucks , but that's what needs done .

Drain is stubbed out too high out of the wall . You could put it together and make it work but it will not be right , probably leak and clog . When I first started 33 years ago we stubbed kitchen sink drains 19 inches off the sub floor every time . It was always good to go with no problems . Then deeper sinks and under mounted sinks that were deeper even started showing up . Now that 19 inch height doesn't work anymore . New construction I stub out kitchen drains 16 or 14 inches off of the subfloor .
Wall needs cut out and drain line lowered . Sucks , but that's what needs done .

Thank you for the reply! I figured that was what I was going to have to do. I just wanted a more professional opinion.

Back