Sink clog help - back to back bathrooms.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverLk4

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have bathrooms with single sinks that are situated back to back and share the same drain. When the water is turned on in master sink it drains and partially fills the sink in the other bathroom which then does not drain out at all. I have removed the traps , and snaked the drain. This worked for about a month or so and then happens all over again. Master bath sink drains fine. Tub, shower, and toilets drain fine as well in both baths. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

how far did you run the snake out …..are you sure you got to the main or just jumped across to the other trap.....I have had issues like this before... I know it sounds unconventional but I have cleared the drain thru the common vent thru the roof.....sometimes if you put a small bend in the snake cable and just tap the trigger it will drop into the drain

Went out about 15 feet, far enough to tap into the main drain under the house. Took a little effort to get the snake to drop into the drain for sure, but it did. Not much came out, just a bit of sludge.

how far did you run the snake out …..are you sure you got to the main or just jumped across to the other trap.....I have had issues like this before... I know it sounds unconventional but I have cleared the drain thru the common vent thru the roof.....sometimes if you put a small bend in the snake
Went out about 15 feet, far enough to tap into the main drain under the house. Took a little effort to get the snake to drop into the drain for sure, but it did. Not much came out, just a bit of sludge.

cable and just tap the trigger it will drop into the drain
sounds like you gotta snake it again the slude could be closing up after you remove the snake.....I have also double plunged the sinks and got it that way disconnect one trap plug it off and plunge from one side with hot water

Latest posts

Back