Shower Water Not Hot Enough??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirquegirl

Reaction score
We recently renovated a bathroom and tore out a bathtub and converted to a full shower. We purchased a Price Pfister valve and hardware for the new shower. When you turn on the shower the water will only get so hot. Our water is very hot coming out of our heater. I know that it has some kind of feature that does not let fluctuations in the water pressure change the temp. I am trying to find out if it is possible to get the water temp hotter. The model number of this value is: 0X8-310A Single control Pressure Balance. I can live with it the way it is but would really like the water hotter. I have been trying to find something about it online but so far no luck. Also sent an inquiry to Price Pfister and no answer from them as yet. Any input would be appreciated.

There is a temperature stop behind the handle that need to be adjusted. It's part #970-280. Some of the valves also come with stops. They may not be fully open. There behind the cover plate. There screwdriver slots if you have them be turn them counter clockwise until they stop. Here is a link to the breakdown of your faucet.
http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/ppbodyguard.pdf

John

There is a temperature stop behind the handle that need to be adjusted. It's part #970-280. Some of the valves also come with stops. They may not be fully open. There behind the cover plate. There screwdriver slots if you have them be turn them counter clockwise until they stop. Here is a link to the breakdown of your faucet.
http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/ppbodyguard.pdf

John

Do we need to turn the shut-off values off to do this?

Attached is a picture of how far we are. Don't see a slot for a screwdriver and it does not want to turn (don't want to break anything). Do I need to take anything else off?

valve.jpg

Think I got it. Pulled it out a little bit with a pair of needle nose pliers and turned it.

Yep that works! Thanks John for posting the pdf on the parts - that really helped a lot.

Latest posts

Back