Shower Vent Stack Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoqdan

Reaction score
Can I vent a 2-inch shower drain with 1 1/2 inch vent pipe that meets up with another 1 1/2 inch bathroom sink vent pipe to a 2-inch vent pipe?

Can I vent a 2-inch shower drain with 1 1/2 inch vent pipe that meets up with another 1 1/2 inch bathroom sink vent pipe to a 2-inch vent pipe?

In general, it depends on the layout, your (Code) definition of a BG (bathroom group), and the kind of vent after combining. A 2” BrV (branch vent) can take a total of 8 DFU (Drain Fixture Units) with a VL (vent length) =< 200’ or 20 DFU with a VL =< 150’. A 2” StV (stack vent) can take a total of 12 DFU with a VL =< 200’ or 20 DFU with a VL =< 150’. BG, BrV, StV and VL are plumbing terms defined under our BCPC (BC Plumbing Code).

Your total FU is estimated at according to our Code (1.5 (SH) + (6 for BG w/ F-T WC or 8 for BG w/ F-V WC) = (7.5 ~ 9.5) FU.

I would agree with Plumb-Crazy that the proposed 2&#8221; vent will probably satisfy our Code and most codes.

Back